Blueberry and Pomegranate Salad
- prep time 1 min
- total time 5 min
- serves 4
This inventive salad from Nadia G. is packed with fruit, cheese, and toasted pumpkin seeds.
Nadia G. Bitchin' Kitchen
1 fresh pita
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
pinch piment d’esplette
pinch hot chili flakesLemon Dressing
4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Freshly cracked pepper
Small pinch of brown sugarSalad
handful mint, julienned
1 cup organic blueberries
1 cup pomegranate seeds
½ cup Mshalalé cheese, shredded/ stringy or feta
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Brush the pita bread with extra virgin olive oil and the juice of 1/2 a lemon. Sprinkle with sea salt, freshly cracked pepper and piment d’esplette. Bake in the oven for about 5 minutes until golden and crispy.Lemon Dressing
1. In a jar combine dressing ingredients. Shake to emulsify.Salad
1. Place the julienned mint leaves in a bowl with blueberries, pomegranate seeds and Mshalalé cheese.
2. Toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry pan over medium-high heat for a few minutes until they become golden and fragrant.
3. Crumble the lemon pita over the salad and drizzle with the lemon dressing. Sprinkle with a handful of toasted pumpkin seeds.