Blueberry Bran Pancakes
- prep time 15 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 12
¾ cup (175 ml) All-Bran Original* cereal or All-Bran Buds* cereal
1 ½ cup (375 ml) 2% milk
2 Tbsp (25 ml) vegetable oil
1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
1 cup (250 ml) whole wheat flour
½ cup (125 ml) all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp (25 ml) granulated sugar
1 Tbsp (15 ml) baking soda
¼ tsp (1 ml) salt (optional)
1 ¼ cup (300 ml) fresh OR frozen (do not thaw) blueberries
1. Crush All-Bran* cereal. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat egg until foamy. Stir in milk, oil, vanilla, and crushed All-Bran* cereal. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir again.
3. Meanwhile, in separate bowl, combine whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, if using. Combine with cereal mixture. Gently stir in blueberries.
4. Using about 75 ml (1/3 cup) batter for each pancake, pour batter onto preheated skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until bubbles form on surface of pancake and underside is golden brown. Carefully turn pancake and cook on second side until bottom is golden brown. Reduce heat to medium if pancakes are browning too quickly.
5. Serve immediately, with maple syrup.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site