Bobby Flay's Fish Tacos
- prep time35 min
- total time 80 min
- serves 4
These yummy morsels make a great lunch or dinner. Serve with some tortilla chips to dip into the leftover salsa.
1 lb(s) flaky white fish, such as mahi mahi or orata
¼ cup canola oil
1 lime, juiced
1 Tbsp ancho chili powder
1 jalapeno, coarsely chopped
¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
8 flour tortillasGarnish
Shredded white cabbage
Crema or sour cream
Thinly sliced red onion
Thinly sliced green onion
Chopped cilantro leaves
Puréed Tomato Salsa, recipe followsPuréed Tomato Salsa
2 Tbsp peanut oil
1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
4 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 serrano chile
1 jalapeno, sliced
1 Tbsp chipotle hot sauce
1 Tbsp mexican oregano
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place fish in a medium-sized dish. Whisk together the oil, lime juice, ancho, jalapeno, and cilantro and pour over the fish. Let marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Remove the fish from the marinade place onto a hot grill, flesh side down. Grill the fish for 4 minutes on the first side and then flip for 30 seconds and remove. Let rest for 5 minutes, then flake the fish with a fork.
3. Place the tortillas on the grill and grill for 20 seconds. Divide the fish among the tortillas.Garnish
1. Garnish with any or all of the garnishes.Puréed Tomato Salsa
1. Preheat grill or use side burners of the grill. Heat oil in medium saucepan, add onions and garlic and cook until soft. Add tomatoes, serrano and jalapeno and cook until tomatoes are soft, about 15 to 20 minutes. Purée the mixture with a hand-held immersion blender until smooth and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes. Add the hot sauce, oregano, cilantro and lime juice and season with salt and pepper, to taste.