Bowtie Pasta with Roast Red Pepper Sauce and Baby Spinach
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
4 red peppers, seeded and chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 head garlic, peeled, whole cloves
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp of fennel seeds
Salt and pepper
1 lb. farfalle or rotini pasta, cooked and drained
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place peppers, onion and garlic cloves into a 9" x 13" baking pan.
3. Drizzle with olive oil, add fennel seed, salt and pepper and toss well.
4. Put in oven and roast for about 45 minutes, or until very soft and caramelized.
5. Pour vegetables into a medium saucepan and puree with an immersion blender, adding a splash of water to help it along.
6. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Just prior to serving, reheat sauce in a large pot.
8. Add hot, cooked pasta and toss well. Adjust seasoning.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site