g Chinese and iceberg lettuce leaves (11 ounces)
Tbsp vegetable oil (30 ml)
black mushrooms, soaked in water
g sea moss, soaked in water (0.7 ounces)
mL chicken stock (1/3 cup +2 tbsp)
Tbsp oyster sauce (30 ml)
tsp sesame oil (5 ml)
Salt, to taste
tsp sugar (5 ml)
tsp cornstarch (5 ml)
Tbsp water (15 ml)
1. Blanch lettuce quickly in seasoned water, remove and line a serving dish with the leaves.
2. Poach oysters in the same water until 50% cooked. Remove.
3. Heat Chinese wok and quickly sauté oysters with vegetable oil. Add the black mushrooms, sea moss, chicken stock and oyster sauce. Cook for a few minutes until the mushrooms are soft.
4. Season the sauce with sesame oil, salt and sugar. Mix cornstarch with water. Add enough of the cornstarch mixture to slightly thicken the sauce.
5. Place oysters, black mushrooms and sea moss on top of lettuce.