2 Tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
2 cup (500 mL) root beer
2 cartons (960 mL) CAMPBELL'S® Stock First ™ Beef Stock
¼ cup (60 mL) whisky
1 cup (250 mL) strong coffee
¼ cup (60 mL) balsamic vinegar
1 medium onion, sliced
4 bay leaves
4 lb(s) (1.8 kg) pork side ribs
1 cup (250 mL) BBQ sauce
1. To create the braising liquid, combine brown sugar, root beer, beef stock, whisky, strong coffee, balsamic vinegar, onion and bay leaves in a large pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
2. Place ribs in a roasting pan; add hot braising liquid, cover and transfer to a 325°F (170°C) oven for 2 ½ hours.
3. Gently remove ribs from the roasting pan and transfer to a baking sheet.
4. In a small sauce pan, mix 1 cup braising liquid with 1 cup BBQ sauce and simmer on medium-high heat until reduced by half, about 4-5 minutes.
5. Brush the sauce mixture liberally over ribs and place under hot broiler until well glazed, about 4-5 minutes.