Brandied Cherry Trifle
- prep time 30 min
- total time 60 min
- serves NULL
4 cup (1 L) pitted whole cherries
½ cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
¼ cup (60 mL) brandy
¼ cup (60 mL) water
1 whole vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped from pod
1 pinch saltLemon Sabayon
6 large egg yolks
1 cup (250 mL) Marsala, or other dessert wine
3/10 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
2 Tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
1. In a medium saucepan set over high heat, add all ingredients and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce temperature to medium-low and cook until cherries are tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.Lemon Sabayon
1. In a stainless steel bowl, whisk together yolks, wine and sugar, set over saucepan of water and, whisking continuously, cook to a whipped cream consistency.
2. Whisk in lemon juice and continue cooking, whisking continuously, until mixture is thick, foamy, and has tripled in volume. Remove sabayon from heat and serve immediately.
3. To Plate: In each of 4 stemmed wine glasses, layer cubed pound cake, brandied cherries and sabayon, top with whipped cream and a cherry and serve immediately.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site