Brown Butter Popcorn
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 16
4 Tbsp cocoa
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp nutmegFlavouring 2: Apple Pie
1 cup brown sugar
¼ cup cinnamonFlavouring 3: Southwestern
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp chili powder
2 Tbsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp cuminPopcorn & Assembly
1 cup (8 oz) butter
1 cup your favourite popcorn kernels
1. Pick a flavour and shake the ingredients together in a small mason jar or other container with a tight fitting lid. Or make all three and create a treat stash on standby for a rainy day.
2. When the time comes, when the urge strikes, in a large saucepan brown the butter by placing it over medium heat, swirling, heating and melting it until it begins to steam and foam. Keep a close eye on it as it foams. Swirl it gently, watching the colour.
3. When it turns golden brown and smells delicious immediately and carefully add the popcorn kernels then patiently wait. Watch to see the first kernel pop. Watch a few go off. Invite an audience.
4. Add a lid, slightly ajar. Continue at medium high heat as the cadence picks up then inevitably peaks, until the moment the popping audibly slows. Follow the audio clues, as soon as you hear the popping slow immediately remove the works from the heat and wait until the popping slows and stops. The rapidly expanding popcorn will evenly absorb the butter as it pops.
5. Uncover, shake in your favorite topping right away. It’s best to toss while the popcorn is hot for maximum stick-to-it-iveness! About six tablespoons will season a pot of popcorn- save the rest for next time a treat is called for! Serve and share…
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site