¼ cup canola oil or olive oil
¼ cup butter
2 lb(s) buffalo stew meat, cubed
1 splash red wine
2 onions, chunky slices
2 clove garlic, diced
4 cup beef broth
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp steak spice
a few sprigs fresh thyme and rosemary
1 bay leaf
4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced chunky
4 stalks celery, diced
2 cup corn
2 cup peas
salt and pepper to taste
1. Using a large pan, heat, oil and, butter.
2. Add the buffalo meat and brown the meat on all sides.
3. Add a splash of red wine, onions, garlic and cook till translucent.
4. Add beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, steak spice, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf and bring to a boil.
5. Add carrots, potatoes, celery, corn and peas.
6. Continue to simmer until vegetables are tender, approximately 1-2 hours.
7. Remove bay leaf.
To thicken the stew, shake 1 part flour to 1 part cold water in a covered shaker. Add slowly into the buffalo stew until desired thickness is reached.
9. Serve with fresh hot baked bannock or buns of your choice!