Buffalo Chicken Wing Salad with Blue Cheese
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 4
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Michael Smith Chef at Home
2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
¼ cup flour
Salt and pepper
¼ cup oil
1 batch Spicy Chicken Sauce (recipe from this episode)
1 head of romaine lettuce, washed and sliced
2 ribs celery, washed and cut into sticks
Juice of 1 lemon
8 oz blue cheese, crumbledSpicy Chicken Sauce
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup Franks hot sauce
¼ cup ketchup
1. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Toss chicken with flour, salt and pepper until well coated.
3. Pour oil into pan and add the chicken.
4. Cook on one side until it's golden brown and then flip and cook the other side until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Remove with tongs and place in a bowl.
6. Pour Spicy Chicken Sauce over hot chicken, toss well to coat.
7. Put lettuce, celery and chicken into a salad bowl. Drizzle any excess chicken sauce over the salad and add the lemon juice.
8. Toss well and garnish with crumbled blue cheese.Spicy Chicken Sauce
1. Whisk together the butter, hot sauce and ketchup.