Buffalo Mozzarella Bruschetta
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 1
1 thick slice of sourdough bread
½ small fennel bulb, herby tops reserved
½ small yellow courgette
small bunch of mint
½ orange – skin cut off and thinly sliced into rounds
½ lemon - squeeze the juice
extra virgin olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 clove garlic – cut in half
125 g buffalo mozzarella
1. Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot.
2. Toast the bread well on both sides so it has the griddle pan marks on it.
3. While it is toasting. Using a speed peeler – thinly shave the fennel and courgette into a bowl.
4. Pick off some small mint leaves, tear the big ones and add to the bowl.
5. Pick off some of the fennel tops and add to the bowl.
6. Add the thinly sliced orange and the juice of half a lemon.
7. Add some extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
8. When the sourdough is ready put it on a plate. Rub with the cut side of a piece of garlic and drizzle over some olive oil.
9. Tear the mozzarella in half and place on the bread.
10. Pile the fennel and courgette salad on top, drizzle a little more extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle over a few more fennel tops and serve.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site