Butter Braised Roasted Carrot and Mascarpone Ravioli with Peashoot Salad and Dill Oil
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 6
1 cup fresh dill
½ cup fresh parsley
1 cup grapeseed oilFilling
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 ½ lb. carrots, peeled
2 Tbsp brown sugar
¼ cup butter
½ cup ricotta
1 cup mascarpone
½ cup grated parmesan
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Pasta Dough (Recipe)Sauce
2 shallots, roughly chopped
5 whole black peppercorns
1 bay leaf
½ cup rice vinegar
2 cup white wine
1 ¼ cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes
1 lemon, juice only
2 cup peashoots
Dill oilPasta Dough
2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
3 large eggs, beaten
pinch of salt
1. Place in all ingredients in a food processor and blend until pureed.
2. Allow to sit refrigerator overnight and then pass through a fine mesh sieve.Filling
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Oil a baking sheet or small roasting pan.
3. Cut carrots in half (lengthwise) and place cut side down on roasting pan.
4. Roast in oven for about 2 minutes.
5. Add butter and brown sugar and continue to roast for another 10 minutes or until tender.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool
7. Place carrots in a food processor and puree. Add ricotta, mascarpone and parmesan cheeses and olive oil.
8. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground white pepper.
9. Refrigerate until ready to use.
10. To warm, place puree in a large saucepot on low heat.Sauce
1. In a saucepot add shallots, peppercorns, bay leaf, vinegar and white wine.
2. Place on medium high heat and reduce by two thirds or until syrupy.
3. Reduce heat to low and slowly whisk in butter to thicken.
4. Strain into a clean saucepot and place to side
5. In a large fry pan, warm a small amount of sauce.
6. Place a few sheets of cooked and drained pasta.
7. Place a large spoonful of carrot puree in the centre of each sheet.
8. Place another piece of pasta on top and pour over more sauce (to nicely coat).
9. Squeeze in lemon juice and season with a little salt and pepper.
10. With a large spoon transfer ravioli into individual bowls.
11. Spoon a little more sauce over.
12. In a small bowl toss peashoots with a little dill oil and season with salt and pepper.
13. Place a small amount on each ravioli and drizzle a little more dill oil around.
14. Serve immediately.Pasta Dough
1. In a food processor add flour and salt.
2. Slowly add eggs while pulsing until just incorporated. Place mixture onto a clean surface and knead until smooth.
3. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before rolling out.
4. Using a pasta machine, cut pasta dough into thirds and roll out dough until you reach the lowest setting.
5. Cut sheets into large squares and place into a large pot of boiling, heavily salted water. Boil until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
6. Remove from water and drain well.