Butternut Squash Ravioli
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 3-4
½ cup butter
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ cups diced pancetta (Italian bacon)
1 cup onions, sliced
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 pound butternut squash ravioli (can be purchased at Tre Sorelle or a local grocery store)
freshly grated parmigiano reggiano
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Melt half the butter with 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium high heat and add in the pancetta. Cook until crispy, about 5 minutes. Set pancetta aside on a plate.
2. In the same pan, melt remaining butter and oil. Add in the onions and sauté for about 2 minutes before adding in the balsamic vinegar. Continue cooking the onions for another 5 minutes.
3. Add the pancetta to the onion mixture and keep warm.
4. Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil. Add a teaspoon of salt and then drop in your ravioli. Cook according to package directions.
5. Drain and add raviolis to pancetta and onion mixture. Turn heat up on pan and gently turn ravioli in mixture.
6. Turn out contents of pan onto a platter and top with freshly grated parmigiano reggiano.