- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
12 leaves basil
½ cup parsley
¼ cup lemon juice
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup canola oil
3/10 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepperCalzone Oil
4 Tbsp canola oil
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
½ Tbsp chili flakes
¼ Tbsp garlic powder
½ Tbsp dry basilAssembly
24-oz round pizza dough
4 cup baby spinach
4 (2 cups) red peppers, sliced
1 cup sundried tomatoes, sliced
1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
2 ½ cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
fresh parsley, chopped
1. Combine basil, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, Parmesan, and a pinch each of salt & pepper in a food processor; process until smooth and reserve for calzone assembly.Calzone Oil
1. In a small bowl, whisk together canola oil, white wine vinegar, chili flakes, garlic powder, and dry basil; set aside.Assembly
1. Preheat oven to 450ºF.
2. Divide pizza dough into 4 (6-ounce) rounds and stretch each round to 8 inches across.
3. Spread spinach over the dough, leaving 1/3-inch around the outside.
4. Spread the red peppers and the sundried tomatoes over the spinach. Spread feta cheese over each calzone and add a drizzle of calzone oil; reserve some calzone oil for serving.
5. Layer mozzarella cheese over top and fold each calzone in half. Press edges closed.
6. Place calzones on a greased baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, or until dough is brown and crispy; flip calzones and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
7. To serve, drizzle calzone oil over the calzones and garnish with fresh chopped parsley and grated Parmesan.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site