Candied Pecan and Strawberry Salad
- prep time 1 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 4
1 cup whole raw pecans
2 cup strawberries, halved
6 cup loosely packed mesclun greens
1 egg white
¼ cup and a pinch brown sugar
4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 Tbsp aged white balsamic vinegar
Freshly cracked white pepper to taste
Pinch of sea saltShkiaffing it Together
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a big bowl, beat together the egg whites and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Pour in the pecans and then stir until the nuts are completely coated.
4. Transfer the pecans in a single, even layer to the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
5. In a jar (with a tight fitting lid), combine the olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, a pinch of brown sugar, sea salt and white pepper to taste.
6. Cover the jar tightly and shake vigorously for 30 seconds to emulsify.Shkiaffing it Together
1. In a bowl toss the mesclun greens, strawberries, and candied pecans with vinaigrette.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site