Caramelized Pineapple Brown Sugar Cake
- serves 1
A little bit tropical and a whole lot of delicious! Try this sweet treat and be transported to paradise.
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
6 egg, room temperature
3 cup pastry flour
½ tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
¼ tsp baking soda
1 fresh pineapple
brown sugar, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 275 F. Grease and flour bundt pan.
2. In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or with an electric mixer), cream butter, sugars and vanilla on high speed until light and fluffy, scraping down sides often. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
3. Sift together flour and salt.
4. In a separate bowl combine sour cream and baking soda. Add flour and sour cream alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with the flour. Scrape cake batter into bundt pan.
5. Bake for 20 minutes at 275 F, then turn up oven to 325 and bake for an additional 40-50 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clear.
6. Peel and cut a fresh pineapple into rings (cutting out the core with a small cutter).
7. Cut Brown Sugar Pound Cake into even slices and cut rounds about the diameter as the pineapple slices.
8. To assemble, turn on the broiler. Place cake rounds on a foil-lined baking sheet. Place a pineapple ring on each cake and sprinkle generously with brown sugar. Broil for 1-2 minutes, until sugar is melted. Serve immediately (ideally with ice cream!)