Cavatelli with Arugula and Cherry Tomatoes
- serves 4
Recipe courtesy of Rosa Marinuzzi, Chef/Owner, 7 Numbers.Yield is 4 servings.
2 cup flour
1 cup semolina
2 cup boiling salted water
2 bunch arugulaCherry Tomato Sauce
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
½ lb(s) cherry tomatoes, diced
coarse salt, and freshly cracked black pepperAssembly
1. Combine flour and semolina and pour it on a table.
2. Make a hole in the middle of mixture.
3. Pour boiling water into hole.
4. Mix water and flour mixture together with a fork.
5. Knead dough until moderately smooth.
6. Cover dough with plastic and let rest for 2 minutes.
7. Cut dough into small pieces and roll into “snake-like” pieces.
8. Cut “snake-like” pieces into finger tip size pieces.
9. Using three fingers, roll fingertip size pieces into cavatelli shape (short, narrow, ripple-edged shells).
10. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.Cherry Tomato Sauce
1. While you wait for the large pot of water to come to a boil, heat olive oil in a large saucepan on medium-low heat.
2. Add garlic and cook until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cook approximately 5 minutes.Assembly
1. Add cavatelli and arugula to the large pot of boiling water.
2. Cook until cavatelli rises to the surface, about 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Drain pasta and arugula.
4. Add cavatelli and arugula to cherry tomato mixture.
5. Toss pasta and serve.