CC's Cinnamon Buns
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 12
½ cup warm milk (125 ml)
3 Tbsp butter, melted, for dough (45 ml)
3 Tbsp granulated sugar, for dough (45 ml)
½ cup warm water (125 ml)
1 envelopes (1/4-ounce) active dry yeast
1 large egg, beaten
¾ tsp salt (3 ml)
⅓ cup sour cream (75 ml)
3 to 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour (750 to 810 ml)
1 to 2 tbsp. butter, melted, for brushing dough (15 to 30 ml)
⅓ cup granulated sugar, for filling (75 ml)
3 tsp cinnamon (15 ml)
¾ cup pecans, finely chopped, optional (175 ml)
pinch Pinch ground allspiceGlaze
¼ cup golden corn syrup (60 ml)
½ cup icing sugar (125 ml)
2 Tbsp water (30 ml)
½ tsp cinnamon (2 ml)
1 tsp vanilla (5 ml)
1. In small bowl, combine warm water and a pinch of sugar. Add yeast and let sit until foaming, about 5 to 10 minutes
2. In a large bowl add milk, 3 tbsp. of melted butter and 3 tbsp. sugar. Stir. Add the yeast mixture to the milk mixture. Stir with wooden spoon to blend. Add egg and salt. Stir until blended. Add sour cream and stir to combine. Add 2 ½ cups of the flour and stir with wooden spoon until mixture comes together.
3. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in remaining 1/2 cup flour. Depending on humidity, you may need to add a ¼ cup more flour. Knead for 8 to 10 minutes. Dough should be smooth and satiny, but slightly tacky to the touch. Transfer dough to a large oiled bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
4. Make the filling by combining the sugar, cinnamon, allspice and pecans. Punch down dough. Roll dough on a lightly floured piece to a 10 ½ by 15 ½ -inch rectangle. Brush dough with the 2 tbsp. of melted butter. Sprinkle filling evenly over dough.
5. Turn rectangle so longest side is closest to you. Roll tightly away from you like. Pinch and seal the ends. With serrated knife, cut roll into 12 equal slices (each slice about 1 ½-inch thick). Transfer slices to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving about ½-inch space between buns. Cover loosely with tea towel. Let rise until doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
7. Lightly brush tops with melted butter. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes until buns are golden brown. Let rest on the baking sheet, to cool slightly before brushing on the glaze.Glaze
1. Combine corn syrup, icing sugar, vanilla, water and cinnamon in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Let cool slightly. Brush warm cinnamon buns with glaze.