Cedar-Planked Haddock Stuffed with Crab, Shrimp and Cheddar Cheese
- prep time 0 min
- total time 20 min
- serves 6
6 6 oz haddock, fillets, skinless
freshly ground black pepper
1 cup crab, meat
1 cup baby shrimp, roughly, chopped
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
½ cup dry bread crumbs
¼ cup melted butter
1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 shallot, finely, chopped
3 green onion, finely, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely, chopped
1. Preheat grill to high.
2. Cut an incision lengthwise in the top of each fillet.
3. Cut about three quarters of the way through the fish.
4. Using your fingers, open the incision to make a large pocket. Season the fillets.
5. In a bowl combine the rest of the ingredients. Season and mix thoroughly.
6. Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions. Pack the stuffing into each of the pockets.
7. Place soaked plank on the grill and close lid. Let the plank heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until it starts to crackle and smoke.
8. Carefully open the lid and place the stuffed fillets on the plank. Close the lid and bake the haddock for 12 to 15 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork. Periodically check the plank.
9. If it is burning, spray it with water and reduce the heat to medium. Carefully remove plank from the grill and serve the haddock.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site