Cheater Meatballs with Many Sauces, Pasta and Broccoli
- serves 4
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
3 lb(s) (1350 gms) Extra Lean Ground Beef - This amount makes a double recipe
1 ½ lb(s) (675 gms) Cooked Meat Squares
8 oz VH Cherry Sauce (227 ml)
10 oz Pineapple Tidbits, drained (284 ml)
Green Pepper (Optional)
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup (10 oz / 284 ml)
½ can the Soup Can filled with 1% Milk (5 oz / 142 ml)
8 Sauteed Mushrooms (Optional)
½ Small Onion (Optional)
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce (Optional)
6 oz VH Honey-Garlic Sauce (170 mL) Half a small jar
½ cup Ketchup
½ tsp Mesquite Liquid Smoke
¾ lb(s) Broad Egg Noodles (340gms) (try No Yolk brand)
1 tsp Olive Oil
5 cup Broccoli Florets
1. Take out equipment and ingredients the night before or on the weekend...
2. Pre-heat oven to 375 degree F. Press ground beef evenly into a 9"x13" pan. Press down with a pastry scraper to create many long lines the length of the pan. Do the same crossways to create meat squares approx 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 in size.
3. Make sure you are creating a space in between each square with the pastry scraper so that when they form they don't stick together.
4. Cover with foil and bake in hot oven. Set timer for 30 minutes.
5. Once cooked, freeze to have ready for slow cooker sauces.
6. When you get home for dinner: Heat meat squares in slow cooker on high.
7. Prepare your sauce of choice in slow cooker.
8. Asian Pineapple Sauce: Combine one jar VH cherry sauce with 1 can pineapple tidbits. Chop and mix in green pepper.
9. Mushroom Sauce: Combine mushroom soup with 1/2 the can filled with milk. Sautéed mushrooms and onions are nice if you have time. For more zip add Worcestershire sauce.
10. Sweet BBQ: Combine honey-garlic sauce with ketchup and smoke. For a little more bite add cayenne to taste.
11. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta to boiling water. Set timer for 10 minutes or follow package directions. Drain, rinse and toss with a little oil.
12. Rinse broccoli in colander. Place in microwave-safe pot. Cover and microwave at high for 3 minutes. When pasta and meatballs are ready, stir broccoli and reheat 2 additional minutes.