Cheese and Sausage Frittata
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
2 Italian sausages
2 tablespoons (30 mL) Lactantia** Butter or Margarine or Parkay* Margarine
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 medium zucchini, sliced
½ red pepper, diced
1 cup (250 mL) Black Diamond Marble Cheese, shredded
¼ cup (50 mL) Beatrice Milk or light cream
½ teaspoon (2 mL) dried basil
¼ teaspoon (1 mL each) salt and pepper
1. Remove casings from sausages and cook in skillet, breaking up into small pieces, until no longer pink about 5 minutes. Remove sausage from pan and drain off fat.
2. In same skillet melt Lactantia** butter or margarine or Parkay* Margarine over medium-high heat. Cook onion, garlic, zucchini and red pepper until softened.
3. Combine vegetable mixture with sausage and spread in a greased 9-inch (23 cm) quiche dish or pie plate. Sprinkle with Black Diamond Cheese.
4. In a bowl, beat eggs with cream and seasonings. Pour evenly over filling in pan.
5. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for about 25 minutes or until centre is set. Cut in wedges to serve. Tip: Substitute Finely Shredded Pizza Double cheese instead of marble cheese.