- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 0
⅓ lb. roasted hazelnuts, skins removed
1 ½ cup skim milk
½ lb. ripe epoisse, camembert or brie, skin discarded
6 oz homogenized milk
1 fruit and nut bread, sliced thinly
2 Tbsp butter, room temperature
8 green grapes, peeled
1. In a food processor, pulse nuts until finely ground.
2. In a medium-size pot, add skim milk.
3. Bring to a simmer, then add nuts. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Let cool, then strain out solids and reserve hazelnut-infused milk.
5. Just before serving, melt cheese in a pan over medium heat and stir in homogenized milk. Then reheat hazelnut-infused milk and froth with a hand blender or a whisk.
6. Fill cappuccino cups or a similar facimile 2/3rds of the way with cheese concoction. Drop a grape in each cup (the grape provides a nice surprise at the end that explodes in the mouth and cleans the palate) and top with hazelnut-infused foam.