Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 6
2 ½ pounds frozen hash browns (1Kg)
1 pound extra-lean ground beef (500g)
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained (500ml)
1 onion (1)
1 ½ cups chopped mushrooms (375ml)
1 10 ounce frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (284ml)
2 teaspoons canola oil (10ml)
2 10 ounce condensed Cheddar Cheese soup (284ml)
½ cup sour cream (125ml)
½ evaporated milk (125ml)
1 cup shredded 3-cheese blend (250ml)
1. Preheat oven to 425F/215C.
2. Place ½ of hash brown in casserole and bake for 7 minutes. Remove from oven.
3. In a nonstick skillet heat 1 tsp oil and cook ground beef for 5 minutes, until no longer pink. Remove from pan and reserve. In same pan cook onions and mushrooms in 1 tsp oil, until tender and water has evaporated from mushrooms.
4. In a bowl, combine beef, mixed vegetables, onion mixture, soup, sour cream and milk. Place in casserole. Top 1/3 of casserole with spinach. Sprinkle cheese over casserole and top with remaining hash browns.
5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden and bubbling.