Cherry Cola Float
- prep time10 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 4-6
Chuck Hughes’ recipe for a super sweet drink with homemade cherry syrup. A treat for kids and grown ups alike.
1 L bottle of coca-cola or similar cola drink
2 cup of fresh cherries (500 ml)
2 cup of sugar (500 ml)
1 cup of water (250 ml)
Vanilla ice cream to garnishServe Note
1. Pit all cherries, leaving a few whole for garnish.
2. In a saucepan, mix the cherries, sugar and water. Bring heat to medium high and stir, slowly reducing the liquid. Skim the surface of the syrup once in a while.
3. Once liquid has reached a syrup-like consistency, about 25 minutes, remove from heat. Set aside to cool for 1 hour. Put in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator.Serve
1. In a frosted mug, add a scoop of ice cream, pour 1 tablespoon of the cherry mixture and top with coke. Garnish with fresh whole cherries.Note
1. For a drink, remove vanilla ice cream and add a splash of spiced rum.