Chicken and Pasta with Broccoli
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 chicken breasts, boneless skinless (approximately 1.50 lbs / 675 g)
1 teaspoon prepared garlic (in a jar)
3 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons Honey-Garlic Sauce (try VH brand)
1 tablespoon lime juice
¼ teaspoon hot chili sauce
¼ teaspoon curry powder
¾ cup (175 ml) light coconut milk
½ cup 1% milk
1 tablespoon cilantro
4 cups penne pasta
1 pound (450 gms) broccoli florets
½ teaspoon olive oil
½ teaspoon basil
1. Take out equipment and ingredients.
2. Fill a large stove-top pot with water and bring to a boil on high heat.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick fry pan at med-high.
4. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and add to pan as you cut.
5. Toss until meat is no longer pink.
6. Add garlic, peanut butter, honey-garlic sauce, lime juice, hot chili sauce, and curry powder. Stir.
7. Chop apple into bite size pieces and add to chicken mixture.
8. Stir in coconut milk and milk.
9. Chop cilantro and add to pan. Simmer until hot and flavors have combined (approx 15 minutes).
10. Meanwhile: Place pasta in boiling water, stir and cook uncovered. Set timer for 10 minutes or follow package directions.
11. Rinse broccoli in a colander under cold water. Place in a microwave-safe pot or casserole dish with lid. Microwave at high for 4 minutes.
12. When timer rings for pasta: Rinse the cooked pasta under hot water then return to pot.
13. Toss pasta with olive oil and basil.