Chicken and Roasted Garlic Potato Rolls
- prep time15 min
- total time 38 min
- serves 1 - 2
Courtesy of Cavendish Farms.
2 Tbsp Cavendish Farms Hashbrown Potatoes
2 Tbsp chicken, thin slices
2 tsp green onion, finely cut
1 Tbsp sweet corn relish
1 Tbsp Mozzarella cheese
2 tsp sun-dried tomato, diced
1 tsp fresh basil
2 wonton wrappers, plus water for sealing
1 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 425˚F.
2. Place Cavendish Farms Hashbrown Potatoes single layer on a non-stick baking sheet and place on the centre rack for 10 minutes.
3. Turn and cook for another 8-10 minutes and cook until desired doneness.
4. Lay one wonton wrapper down on the cutting board and moisten ¼” of one edge of the wrapper with water. Place the second wrapper over that edge and allow to dry.
5. Take the newly formed wonton wrapper and spread the corn relish across the wrapper leaving a ½” border.
6. Top with the Mozzarella cheese and then the hashbrown potatoes.
7. Finish the roll by topping with the chicken, green onion, sun dried tomato and basil.
8. Moisten the outside edges of the wonton wrappers.
9. Fold the outside end edges in and allow time for the wrapper to dry.
10. Moisten the wonton wrapper on the folded edges and roll the wrapper tight with gentle pressure from top to bottom.
11. Add additional moisture where needed and allow the wrapper to dry.
12. Place a large non-stick frying pan on the stove top over medium-high heat and add vegetable oil. Note: Alternatively a countertop fryer can be used instead of the frying pan method.
13. Add finished roll to pan and cook for 1 to 1½ minutes per side and until golden brown.