Chicken Chili in a Bun Bowl with Fruit Salad
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
1 teaspoon canola oil (5 mL)
1 (284 mL) can sliced mushrooms
1 each; green, red, yellow pepper (finely chopped)
1 tablespoon 0.5 to 1 tbsp red chili paste (7 to 15 mL)
1 tablespoon cumin (15 mL)
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 (19 oz) can mixed beans (Primo)
1 (19 oz) can Aylmer diced tomatoes
8 ready crisp bacon strips
2 tablespoons maple syrup (15 mL)
½ cup ketchup (125 mL)
2 to 3 cups reserved cooked chicken (500 mL to 750 mL)
1 cup frozen kernel corn (250 mL)
150 grams dark seedless grapes
150 grams green seedless grapes
French vanilla yogurt
4 to 6 multigrain buns
½ cup cheddar cheese (125 mL)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
2. Heat oil in pan. Sautee mushrooms then add peppers, chili paste and cumin.
3. Add beans, diced tomatoes, bacon strips, maple syrup and ketchup and bring to boil stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer.
4. Fold in cooked chicken and corn.
5. Mix chopped fruit together and place in bowls. Drizzle with yogurt.
6. Hollow out buns and place on cookie sheet in oven. Turn oven off but leave buns in.
7. When dinner is ready to serve scoop chili into buns, top with grated cheese and return to oven on broil. Watch carefully until cheese bubbles.