Chicken Divan with Rice
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 4
1 tsp olive oil
4 to 6 chicken breasts (675 g or 1 1/2 lbs each)
4 to 5 cups frozen broccoli spears (1 quart)
1 can cream of celery soup
½ cup low fat mayonnaise (125 mL)
1 tsp garlic powder (2 mL)
¼ tsp Celery salt (1 mL)
1 ½ cup basmati rice (375 mL)
3 cup water (750 mL)
½ cup bread crumbs (125 mL)
½ cup lower-fat grated cheddar cheese (125 mL)
1 tsp butter or canola oil (5 mL)
1 tsp dried parsley (5 mL)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
2. Heat oil in fry pan on medium heat.
3. Brown breasts in pan on both sides until white.
4. Line casserole dish with broccoli.
5. Place chicken on broccoli.
6. In small bowl, mix together soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and sherry.
7. Pour mixture over chicken. Cover casserole dish and bake.
8. Set timer for 30 minutes.
9. In the meantime…
Combine rice and water in a large microwave-safe pot or casserole dish. Cover and microwave at high 10 minutes, then medium 10 minutes.
10. Combine bread crumbs, cheddar cheese and butter in a bowl.
11. When timer rings for chicken, remove from oven.
12. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
13. Return to oven uncovered. Set timer for another 10 minutes.
14. Serve over rice.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site