Chicken Noodle Soup
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 4
A roasting chicken, drumsticks and thighs removed
5 carrots, peeled and chopped
4 onions, peeled and chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
2 garlic cloves
5 bay leaves
6 sprigs fresh thyme
1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
8 oz green beans, chopped
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen peas
1 lb. of your favourite pasta noodles
Salt and pepper
1. Put the chicken carcass, thighs and drumsticks into a large soup pot.
2. Add the carrots, onions, celery, garlic, bay leaves and thyme and cover completely with cold water.
3. Bring to a simmer and simmer gently for two hours.
4. Strain off the broth and reserve the chicken.
5. Once the meat has cooled pick it from the bones and return it to the pot with the broth.
6. Bring the broth back to a simmer and add your choice of vegetables.
7. Simmer for a few minutes, and then add noodles and cook just until they have softened.
8. Adjust seasoning and serve.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site