Chicken Stuffed with Mango and Cheddar
- prep time 18 min
- total time 43 min
- serves 6
½ cup + 2 tbsp (155 ml) mango chutney, divided
½ teaspoon (2 ml) curry powder or to taste
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 oz/ 175 g each)
1 ½ cups cups (375 ml) shredded Canadian aged cheddar cheese
pinch Pinch all-purpose flour
¾ cup (175 ml) finely chopped cashews
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
3. In small bowl, combine 1/2 cup (125 ml) chutney and curry powder.
4. Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally almost, but not all the way through; open like a book. Spread chutney evenly over each breast. Top with Canadian Aged Cheddar cheese on one side of each breast, leaving a 1/2-inch (1-cm) border uncovered. Sprinkle a pinch of flour over bottom border. Fold over the uncovered side and press edges together to seal contents.
5. Brush breasts evenly with remaining 2 tbsp (30 ml) chutney (chopping any large bits of mango). Firmly press cashews on top.
6. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and the coating is golden brown.