Chili Poached Eggs
- prep time 0 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 4
1 teaspoon oil, vegetable
1 onion, small, chopped
2 garlic, clove, minced
1 pepper, green, or, yellow, chopped
1 tablespoon chili, powder
1 teaspoon oregano, dried
19 ounces tomato, canned
1 cup beans, black, cooked
¾ cup water
2 tablespoons tomato, paste
2 teaspoons sugar, brown, packed
1 ½ teaspoons sauce, Worcestershire
4 egg, unshelled
1 tablespoon coriander, fresh, chopped
1 tablespoon parsley, fresh, chopped
1. In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Cook onion, garlic, yellow pepper, chili powder and oregano, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened.
3. Stir in tomatoes, breaking up with spoon.
4. Stir in beans, water, tomato paste, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce, bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. With spatula, shape 4 nests in mixture.
7. Crack 1 egg into each; cook for about 8 minutes or until whites are almost set.
8. Cover and cook for about 2 minutes or until whites are just set but yolks are still runny.
9. Sprinkle with coriander.