Chinese Beef and Broccoli on Steam Fried Noodles
- serves 4
1 tsp canola oil
1 ½ lb(s) 675 g flank steak
3 tsp prepared garlic (in a jar)
¼ tsp tsp dried chili flakes
12 10-12 fresh mushrooms
3 heads 3 heads broccoli florets
1 pkg 1 pkg (14 oz or 397 g) steam fried noodles (Taipan brand is what I tested with.)
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp peanut saute sauce
2 Tbsp V-H dry-garlic sauce
1 tsp canola oil
2 2 green onions
1 tsp fresh ginger (from a jar)
1 tsp fresh garlic (from a jar)
Prepared steam fried noodles
¼ cup Kepac Manis
½ tsp curry powder
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the steam fried noodles.
2. Heat oil in large nonstick fry pan or wok at med-high.
3. Cut beef into thin strips against the grain, adding to pan as you cut.
4. Toss occasionally.
5. Add garlic, pepper and dried chili flakes.
6. Slice onion into thin strips and add to pan as you slice.
7. Wash and cut mushrooms in half, adding to pan as you cut. Wash and cut broccoli into bite-size pieces, adding to pan as you cut.
8. Place steam fried noodles in boiling water. Set timer for 3 minutes or follow package directions.
9. Drain and set aside.
10. Combine the following in a small mixing bowl; brown sugar, soy sauce, peanut sate sauce and V-H dry-garlic sauce.
11. Pour over meat and veggies until heated through and well-coated. Reduce heat to a low simmer. You want to make sure the broccoli stays crunchy but tender.
12. Heat oil in a second stove-top fry pan at med heat.
13. Finely chop green onion adding to pan as you chop.
14. Add ginger and garlic and sauté slightly.
15. Add boiled steam fried noodles, then toss with kepac manis and curry powder.
16. Reduce heat to low and keep tossing until tender. Serve beef and broccoli on top of the steam fried noodles. The sauce transfers to the noodles… Yummy!!