Chipotle Cheddar Pasta Crumble
- prep time 30 min
- total time 75 min
- serves 6
454 grams macaroni noodles, cooked
1 cup Black Diamond Original Cheese Spread, softened
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2 cups 2% milk
¼ cup 35% cream
1 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
8 strips bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
½ cup breadcrumbs
6 tablespoons fresh thyme
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Chop the chipotle until it becomes close to a paste and set aside.
3. In a medium sized saucepot, melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted, stir in the flour until it’s entirely coated by the butter. Add in the milk slowly while whisking to avoid lumps. Add in Black Diamond Original Cheese Spread, chipotle, salt, and cream, stir until fully melted.
4. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni with the cheese sauce and toss in ½ the bacon and ½ the thyme.
5. Place the macaroni mix in a 9”x11” buttered baking dish.
6. In a small bowl, toss together the breadcrumbs, remaining bacon, remaining thyme, and 1 tbsp of melted butter. Let this cascade over the macaroni to create delicious crumby crust.
7. Bake for about 30 minutes, until it’s hot and bubbly.
8. Let it cool a little before diving in.