Chocolate Brownie Hockey Pucks
- prep time 1 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 9
6 oz bittersweet chocolate, melted, and, cooled
½ cup soft butter
¾ cup granulated sugar
4 egg, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp sour cream
¾ cup all purpose flour
¾ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp saltGlaze
4 oz bittersweet chocolate
½ cup thirty-five percent cream
1 Tbsp corn syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Melt chocolate in a double boiler and set aside to cool.
3. Line a 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper, or butter and flour.
4. Meanwhile, cream together butter and sugar in a medium bowl with mixer or paddle attachment of a stand mixer
5. Scrape down the sides and add the eggs, one at a time, beating on medium speed between additions.
6. Add the vanilla and the cooled melted chocolate and beat on low until blended. Blend in the sour cream. (Mixture might seem to split but flour will bind it back).
7. Sift together the dry ingredients and add to chocolate mixture. Beat on medium speed for 30 seconds to develop structure, scraping down sides.
8. Pour into prepared pan and bake 10 to 12 minutes or until just firm to the touch. Transfer onto wire racks to cool for 10 minutes.
9. Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter cut about 18 rounds.Glaze
1. Chop chocolate finely and place in a medium bowl. Boil cream and pour over chocolate.
2. Let stand for several minutes. Stir until smooth.
3. Add the corn syrup and stir until smooth.
4. With a spoon, pour glaze over each chocolate disc smoothing to cover.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site