Chocolate Caramel Cookie Bar
- serves 32
Carolyn and Jodi at Crave Cupcakes have upgraded this bar from just caramel to a caramel ganache.
¾ cup butter, room temperature
½ cup sugar
1 ¼ cup flourCaramel Layer
¾ cup butter
¾ cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp dark corn syrup
¾ cup sweetened condensed milkValrhona Caramelia Chocolate Layer
1 ¼ cups Valrhona Caramelia Chocolate
⅓ cup whipping cream
1. Grease an 8”X8” square baking pan.
2. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
3. Place butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium to high speed for 2-3 minutes.
4. Gradually add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy (5-10 minutes). Be sure to scrape down the bowl a few times during mixing.
5. Turn mixer to lowest speed and slowly add the flour. Mix until well combined.
6. Press dough evenly into your prepared baking pan.
7. Place pan in oven and bake for 15 min or until the top is light golden brown.
8. Set aside and allow to completely cool.Caramel Layer
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add brown sugar, corn syrup and sweetened condensed milk.
3. Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat.
4. Once boiling, keep boiling and stir constantly for 5 minutes.
5. Remove saucepan from heat and pour caramel over the cooled shortbread cookie layer.
6. Allow to cool for at least 1 hour.
7. Once cooled, sprinkle with 1/4 tsp sea salt.Valrhona Caramelia Chocolate Layer
1. Place Carmelia Chocolate in a glass bowl and set aside.
2. Place whipping cream in a saucepan and bring to just a boil over medium heat.
3. Pour hot cream over chocolate.
4. Allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes.
5. Stir chocolate and cream together with a spatula until well combined and no lumps are visible.
6. Pour over caramel and allow to completely cool.
7. Once cooled, cut bar into 32 1”x 2” pieces.
Courtesy of Carolyne McIntyre & Jodi Willoughby, Crave Cupcakes