Chocolate Chip Caramel Ice Cream Sundae
- prep time10 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 12
Indulge in a rich treat with hot fudge and caramel sauce drizzled over ice cream on a square cookie base. Whipped cream and a cherry add nice touches!
2 sticks butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
2 whole eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
1 ½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 heaping tsp instant coffee granules
8 oz chocolate chips or chocolate chunks (more to taste!)
hot fudge, for drizzling
caramel sauce, for drizzling
vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
2. Mix the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix together.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking soda and instant coffee. Add to the wet ingredients in batches, mixing gently after each addition. Gently mix in the chocolate chips or chunks.
4. Thoroughly grease and flour a quarter sheet pan or a 9- by 13-inch baking pan. Spread the cookie dough into the pan, spreading out the surface.
5. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until done (longer if needed to make sure it's set. (If doubling the recipe then increase the cooking time to 20 to 22 minutes.)
6. To serve, warm the hot fudge and caramel sauces. Place a square of cookie on a plate. Top with a scoop of ice cream, followed by drizzles of both hot fudge and caramel sauces. Finish with whipped cream and a cherry.