Chocolate Creme Fraiche
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 0
1 cup 35% cream
½ lemon, juice only
2 Tbsp icing sugar
¼ cup sour cream
¾ cup 35% cream
4 oz bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
1. In a small bowl combine the cream, lemon juice, icing sugar and sour cream. Stir well.
2. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 2 to 3 days or until mixture resembles loose sour cream.
4. Place chocolate in a medium bowl.
5. In a saucepan bring remaining cream to a boil.
6. Pour over chocolate. Allow to sit for about 2 minutes then stir with rubber spatula.
7. Cool to room temperature. Stir into reserved cream and blend well.
8. Use as a filling in crepes served with sections of a blood orange.
9. Makes 2½ cups.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site