Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes
- prep time10 min
- total time 22 min
- serves 8
These Molten Lava Cakes are oozing with the sweetness of chocolate and condensed milk.
Courtesy of Smucker Foods of Canada
¼ cup (50 mL) butter
½ cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
1 cup (250 mL) Eagle Brand® Regular or Low Fat Sweetened Condensed Milk
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 Tbsp (15 mL) pure vanilla extract
12 oz (375 g) good quality bittersweet chocolate, melted
⅔ cup (150 mL) all purpose flour
Sifted icing sugar, for garnish
Fresh raspberries, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
2. Using electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until pale coloured. Gradually pour in sweetened condensed milk, beating until well incorporated. Gradually beat in egg mixture, making sure each addition is well incorporated before adding the next. Beat in vanilla. With mixer on low, beat in chocolate. Stir in flour.
3. Divide mixture evenly among eight greased 1/2 cup (125 mL) ovenproof ramekins. (Cakes can be covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 8 hours). Bake in centre of preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until top has lost its sheen and edges are set.
4. Immediately run small paring knife around edge of ramekin. Invert onto plate. Serve immediately dusted with icing sugar and fresh raspberries.
5. Always chop your chocolate coarsely before melting, whether it’s melted in the microwave or on top of the stove. There's less chance of it burning this way. If melting in the microwave, always melt it on 70% power, stirring in between heating intervals of 1 minute.