- serves 6
3 cup milk (750 ml)
¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate, chopped finely (150 ml)
⅓ cup sugar (75 ml)
2 Tbsp cornstarch (45 ml)
¾ tsp salt (3 ml)
Whipped cream, for garnish
1. Scald milk in a saucepan over medium low heat. Add chocolate and stir until it has melted.
2. Whisk together eggs, sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
3. Add the warm chocolate milk mixture in a slow stream, whisking constantly and then pour back into pot.
4. Cook gently over medium heat, stirring constantly with wooden spoon for 5 to 10 minutes or until mixture thickens.
5. Divide pudding among six ramekins or small bowls, cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill for at least 3 hours and up to 2 days. Serve puddings topped with whipped cream.