- prep time220 min
- total time 240 min
- serves 4
This restaurant style dessert is quick and easy to make.
6 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
½ cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate
¾ cup Sugar
1 ¾ Tbsp Cornstarch
2 Eggs plus 2 Egg Yolks
1. In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate together. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar and cornstarch. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and yolks together. Add the melted butter-chocolate mixture to the sugar mixture and combine thoroughly with a wire whisk. Stir in the eggs and whisk just until smooth. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
3. Remove & strain into a clean container. Cover with plastic wrap & press down to prevent from forming skin. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours (must be well chilled)
4. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line 4 metal rings (about 2 ¾ inches across and 2 inches high) with greased parchment paper. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set the molds on the sheet. Scoop the mixture into the molds so they are two thirds full, and make sure the molds are not leaking.
5. Bake on the top oven rack for 20 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and, while holding each mold with tongs, slide a metal spatula underneath, carefully lift, and transfer to a serving plate. Gently lift off the mold and remove the parchment paper. Serve immediately.