- prep time10 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 9 - 10
These ooey-gooey crepes are a treat for brunch or delectably delicious dessert.
4 large eggs
1 cup milk, at room temperature
½ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tbsp sugar
⅛ tsp fine sea salt
3 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into 12 cubesFilling
1 cup strawberry jam
1 cup mascarpone, at room temperature
¾ cup chocolate-hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
1. Combine the eggs, milk, flour, cocoa powder, sugar and salt in a blender or bowl. Blend or whisk by hand until the mixture forms a smooth batter.
2. Preheat a 10-inch nonstick crepe pan or skillet over medium-low heat. Melt 1 cube of butter in the pan. Add 1/4 cup of batter and quickly tilt the pan to form an even coating of batter on the bottom of the pan. Cook until set, about 1 minute. Using a heat-resistant spatula, carefully loosen the sides and gently flip the crepe over. Cook for 1 minute. Repeat with the remaining batter and butter.Filling
1. Mix the jam and mascarpone in a small bowl until smooth.
2. Spread each crepe with 3 tablespoons of the jam mixture leaving a 1/2-inch border. Fold the two opposite ends of each crepe inward and roll into a tube shape. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Arrange the crepes on a platter.
3. Heat the chocolate-hazelnut spread over low heat in a small saucepan, stirring constantly, until warm. Spoon over the crepes and serve.