- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 4
1 onion, chopped
2 Tbsp (30 ml) butter
2 cup (500 ml) milk
3 cup (750 ml) chicken broth
3 cup (750 ml) potatoes, diced
Salt and pepper
6 cup (1.5 litres) left-over lettuce, coarsely chopped
¼ cup (60 ml) sour cream
Cherry tomatoes cut in quarters
1. Soften the onions with butter in a saucepan until tender.
2. Add milk, chicken broth and potatoes.
3. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
4. Add the lettuce and continue heating for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Pour the soup in a blender to obtain a smooth purée. Put the purée through a strainer. Adjust the seasoning.
6. Pour the soup into four bowls. Garnish with sour cream and the cherry tomatoes.