- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
8 ounces chorizo sausage, thinly, sliced
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
½ cup cornmeal
3 tablespoons sugar
1 12 ounce can corn, kernels, drained
1 ½ cups corn, kernels, fresh, or, frozen
1 ½ cups shredded old cheddar cheese
6 green onion, sliced
½ jalapeno pepper, seeded, and, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
2. In skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until golden.
3. Meanwhile, in bowl, beat together cream cheese, cornmeal and sugar until smooth.
4. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating until smooth after each addition. Stir in corn, 1 cup (250 mL) of the cheddar cheese, onions, jalapeno pepper, oregano, salt and pepper.
5. Pour half of the egg mixture into greased 8-cup (2 L) casserole. Cover with three-quarters of the sausage. Pour remaining egg mixture over top. Sprinkle with remaining sausage and cheddar cheese.
6. Bake in oven for about 30 minutes or until light golden and set. Let cool for 5 minutes.