Christina's Spring Rolls
- prep time 0 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 6
3 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp water
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp garlic, chopped
2 tsp chopped ginger
2 cup carrots, sliced long and thin
1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
1 yellow pepper, sliced into thin strips
3 ribs celery, sliced Julianne
2 cup Napa cabbage, shredded
1 cup snow peas, cut Julianne
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp oyster sauce or hoisin sauce
black pepper to taste
3 oz glass noodles soaked in cool water for 30 minutes
9 inch spring roll wrappers
2 ½ cup vegetable oilApricot Ginger Spring Roll Sau
¾ cup apricot jam
1 jalapeno pepper, minced fine
2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp peeled ginger, chopped fine
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1. Add flour and water together and mix to create a paste. This will act as a glue for spring roll wrappers. Reserve.
2. In a wok over high heat add the oil, garlic, ginger, carrots, red pepper, yellow pepper, celery, cabbage and snow peas. Sauté for 2 - 3 minutes. Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce and black pepper. Continue to sauté a further 2 minutes.
3. Remove from wok and allow to cool in a strainer set over a bowl. Do not press on mixture, allow to drain, it will take approximately 20 minutes.
4. Separate a spring roll skin and lay on a dry surface with one of the points facing towards you. Place a heaping 1/2 cup of filling about 1/2 inch in from the point. Fold the point over the filling and pull in the filling to make it tight. Tuck the flap under the filling and roll the skin on it once, Take the triangles of wrap that have formed on either side and fold them, as if making an envelope. The wrap is now a long rectangle with a point at the bottom. Roll the stuffed end as tightly as possible until on the triangle at the bottom is left unrolled. Spread a little flour/water paste then continue to roll to seal off.
5. Heat vegetable oil in wok to 375ºF.
6. Add spring rolls 3 at a time as to not over crowd. Deep fry until golden brown, approximately 7 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Serve hot with apricot ginger sauce. (see recipe)Apricot Ginger Spring Roll Sau
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site