Chuck Hughes' Warm Potato Salad
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 0
1 ½ lb. fingerling potatoes
4 eggs, hardboiled and halved
2 tinned anchovies, minced
1 ½ Tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, minced
¼ cup white wine vinegar
½ cup canola oil
Handful of baby green beans
¼ cup water
Pinch of coarse salt and grinding of crack black pepper
1. Wash and place fingerling potatoes into a pot of water. Bring to a boil, add salt and simmer till just fork tender. You can use the same pot for boiling eggs. Just watch the time.
2. While potatoes are cooking, make dressing in your serving bowl or if you have a mortar and pestle, use that. Begin with mashing the anchovy into the mustard and garlic. Add vinegar and slowly whisk in the oil. If too thick, water down a bit with water.
3. Blanch beans, drain and chill down with cold water bath. Drain on a towel.
4. Peel eggs. And cut in half.
5. Drain potatoes and while still warm, drop into bowl with dressing.
6. Add beans and eggs.
7. Fold all gently together and serve warm in shallow white plate/bowls