Chuck's Cocktail Sauce
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
1 ½ cups ketchup
½ cup shaved celery
Juice of 1 1/2 lemons
½ cup grated horseradish
½ cup prepared horseradish
2 tablespoons Worchester Sauce
1 tablespoon Hot Sauce (Tabasco)
pinches of coarse salt
1 tablespoon Ground Pepper
1 ounce Cognac or Brandy (OPTIONAL)
1. Place the ketchup in good-sized mixing bowl.
2. Shave or grate a half-cup of celery, and then squeeze all the water out of it.
3. Squeeze in the juice of 1 and a half lemons – careful to catch the seeds.
4. Grate in a half-cup of fresh horseradish.
5. Add in a half up of prepared horseradish. The vinegar in the prepared stuff adds an extra tang.
6. Add 2 Tbsp of Worchester Sauce, 1 Tbsp of Tabasco, 2 pinches of coarse salt, and 1 Tbsp of ground pepper.
7. We add an ounce of cognac or brandy, but you can leave it out if you want.