Chuck's Green Salad
- serves 4
Dressing - 500 ml
½ English cucumber
Handful of blanched green beans
Handful of shaved fennel
4 Blanched asparagus
Handful of arugula
Handful of nicoisse
Small handful of raw cabbage
8 endive leaves
½ Granny Smith apple
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp red balsamic vinegar
50 mL canola oil
1. Make sure you give all your veg a good rinse.
2. Cut the English cucumber in half lengthwise. Leave the skin on – it adds loads of vitamins, great color and a nice crunch. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds, and then cut the cucumber into thin, two-inch sticks.
3. Toss in your blanched green beans. I like to leave them whole.
4. Shave a handful of fennel.
5. Slice your blanched asparagus into thin, 2-inch sticks.
6. Add a handful of arugula, and a handful of nicoisse or frisse lettuce.
7. Finely slice a small handful of raw cabbage.
8. Peel off 8 endive leaves – toss them in as they are.
9. Slice half a Granny Smith apple into thin 2-inch sticks.
10. Season with a good pinch of salt and ground pepper.Dressing
1. Whisk the Dijon, maple syrup, red balsamic vinegar and canola oil together.
2. Season to taste.
3. Leftovers can be kept for a few days in a sealed jar in your fridge. Just be sure to give it a good shake before using.