Chuck's Molten Chocolate Cakes
- prep time 15 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 4
½ cup butter, plus more to butter the molds (125 ml)
180 grams (6 oz) dark chocolate
3 eggs, room temperature
⅓ cup sugar (80 ml) plus more for the molds
2 tablespoons flour (30 ml)Note
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and chocolate together until the chocolate mixture is smooth. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, beat together the eggs and sugar with a whisk or electric beater until pale and thick, about 5 minutes.
3. Pour the melted chocolate in the egg mixture and mix well. Blend in the flour, just until combined.
4. Butter and lightly sugar four 4-ounce molds, custard cups, or ramekins. Tap out the excess sugar. Divide the batter among the molds. Cook’s note:(At this point you can refrigerate the desserts until you are ready to eat, for up to several hours; bring them back to room temperature before baking.)
5. Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C). Bake the molten chocolate on a tray for 8 to 10 minutes; the center will still be quite soft, but the sides will be set. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving with your favorite ice cream.Note
1. Instead of coating the molds with sugar, you can use crushed pistachios or other nuts.