Chuck's Pear Sorbet
- prep time10 min
- total time 40 min
- serves 4-6
Cleanse your palate with Chuck's sweet pear sorbet.
4 cup of pear juice (1 l)
1 cup sugar (250 ml)
8 pears ripened, halved
Juice and zest of 1 lemonGarnish
Candied ginger, chopped
Fresh basil, chopped in “chiffonade” (long strips)
1. In a large saucepan cook the pears on medium-high heat with the remaining ingredients until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, set pears aside. Continue cooking the juice until it is reduced by half and becomes syrupy, another 15 minutes.
2. When the syrup is ready, in a blender, process the pears with the syrup until smooth. Pass through a fine sieve over a bowl.
3. Chill your sorbet mixture in the freezer.
4. When partially frozen (about 1 hour), beat the mixture with a wire whisk until it is creamy. Return the bowl to the freezer and repeat the whisking process every hour until the sorbet has a smooth, luscious texture (about 4 hours total).
5. For serving: Top the sorbet with chopped candied ginger and fresh basil chiffonade.Garnish