- prep time 15 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 4
1 English cucumber, seeded, diced
½ Vidalia onion, diced
2 cup of low fat Greek yogurt (500 ml)
3 clove of garlic, minced
1 Tbsp of olive oil (15 ml)
Juice of 1 lemon
½ cup of dill, chopped (125 ml)
½ cup of chive (125 ml)
Salt and pepper
1. In a sieve set over a bowl, toss chopped cucumber and onions with 1 teaspoon salt. Let it drain at least 1 hour at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours.
2. With flat side of chef's knife, mash garlic with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and make a paste. Add garlic paste to the yogurt mixture with olive oil, lemon juice, dill and chive. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pat the chopped cucumber dry with paper towels, and add to yogurt mixture.
4. Keep refrigerated until ready to use and serve it with fried skate chicken, burgers or as a dip for veggies.
5. Cook’s note: You can make your own thick yogurt by letting it sit overnight in paper towel over a sieve.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site